Providing Programme Management to Enhance Digital Transformation
ENERGY CASE STUDY
INTRODUCING TECHNOLOGY TO CREATE A DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
The clients perspective:
Kaizah was appointed by a large Logistics company to develop, lead and implement a range of new technologies as part of an overall UK business improvement programme. The technology was to minimise paper and move the business to becoming more efficient, responsive and adding greater value to their customers.
The programme was delivered as four discrete projects, namely:
- Bar coding installed on all items collected allowing for effective tracking of goods from receipt to delivery.
- Load cells installed to all lifting equipment providing real time accurate lifting loads for improved invoicing
- Tablet acquired and App developed for driver to obtain customer electronic signature for acceptance of proof of delivery (POD) of goods. This significantly reduced paperwork and ensured logistics data was accurate, realtime and right first time
- App developed and smart phones acquired for each driver. The driver logs in to the app and jobs for the driver for the day are displayed. Driver accepts each job thought the day. This reduced paperwork and time to create plans and provided greater flexibility when changes were requested by the customer.
- GPS installed to all trucks and trailers to improve efficiency of transport routes and fuel consumption.
Analysis of all vessel deck space utilisation, the production fields in the North Sea and the vessel transport routes. The aim was to drive greater efficiency and maximise utilisation of vessels. The result was savings to customers from sharing vessels and routes amounting to multi million pounds per annum.
This project has benefits for other logistics companies operating in Oil and Gas as well as the transport project having specific benefits to other companies who have a fleet of vans i.e. Facility Management companies, services companies etc